Generally, LightConn utilizes the same features as DreamConn, along with:
- Support for any TV including modern HD TVs
- As seen in the pictures, LightConn makes use of a Wii controller camera (not the whole Wii mote) and a wireless Wii sensor bar (the sensor bar can also be wired)
- Embedded VMU menu for settings and calibration. Calibration settings are saved internally into the gun
- As with the DreamConn, LightConn embeds two internal virtual VMUs for saving
- Auto-reload feature. No need for pointing out of the screen for reloading bullets
- For the moment, VGA support only - no composite video
- LightConn will come with wireless sensor bar, custom VGA cable for the Dreamcast and Dreamcast controller dongle (same as with DreamConn)
Naturally, the project is still under development and more testing is required but we thought it'd be cool to bring this to the attention of the wider Dreamcast community. That said, Chris assures us that the prototype is fully usable and has 100% pointing accuracy on flat screen TVs. As stated above, the sensor bar only works with VGA connections at present, but this could change in the future.
Amazing work, Chris. We'll bring more information as soon as we have it folks!
Here's a look at the LightConn in action: