Hi Dreamcast Junkyard! It's true - Rush Rush Rally Reloaded is coming to the Sega Dreamcast and it will come in both PAL and DVD-style long box packaging! Both will be available in limited quantities but will feature the following improvements to the game:
- Two new single player modes: Time Attack and Challenge, which is like "Get Ahead" from the original game, but against CPU players.
- Totally redesigned menus
- Changed camera distance so you can see more of the road ahead
- Some improved graphics, including: light beams are larger and rotated more smoothly, more colourful billboards, additional illustrations
- Faster loading times
- Stable 60fps in both single and multiplayer modes
- Removed video mode switches between 640x480 and 320x240 resolutions, so low-resolution parts are now upscaled to 640x480
- A mode for detecting when people copy and paste lists
- Support for more character sets in name entry
- Usability improvements, such as last entered name is remembered for name entry so you don't have to re-enter your name every time you play
- Improved legibility of internet score codes
- Improved control configuration options
- Added engine sound options
- 6 languages: English, German, Dutch, Spanish, French, Italian
- DVD case version will feature an 8 page colour manual
As stated by Roel, the game will be available in a DVD style case, but also in PAL flavour too. Even more interesting is that the PAL print run will be handled by JoshProd, a small company based in France specialised in re-releasing old games. Josh Prod have been involved in several re-release projects, the most notable of which was a re-issue of Neo Geo AES cartridge Neo Drift Out (in collaboration with Visco) in 2016.
Along with Rush Rush Rally Reloaded, JoshProd will also be offering re-prints of certain previously released Dreamcast games such as Ghost Blade, Dux, Alice Mom's Rescue and a run of a new-to-Dreamcast 2D SNK fighter called Breakers. All of these come with PAL-styled packaging and redesigned manuals; and in some cases also include new content.